Experience of Work at Trinity
A vital part of Careers Education is Experience of Work (WEX).
Why do Work Experience?
Work experience gives young people the opportunity to develop valuable skills needed in the work place. It increases their awareness of the working world and the expectations employers have of employees. Through taking part in WEX students can gain skills and experiences in the following areas:
- Meet and interact with new people.
- Gain future contacts/network.
- Develop employability skills, such as team work, presentation skills, critical thinking.
- Find out more about a particular industry or profession.
- Help make informed choices about future career ideas.
- Experience travelling to and from work.
- Gain a better understanding of the working environment.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Utilise written and verbal communication skills within a work environment.
- Learn the importance of punctuality.
- Gain experience for a CV.
- Identify skills, strengths and areas of development.
Trinity WEX Programme 2022/23
In 2022/23 WEX will take place for ALL Year 10 students.
The Year 10 Block WEX programme for 2022/23 will run between 10th - 14th July. The programme has been launched to students during tutor time and full details on the WEX process have been provided on Firefly.
WEX offers an amazing insight into the world of work and can support students to develop vital soft skills as well as influencing career choices. As such it is the expectation that ALL Year 10 students take part.
Please view the support documents on the school website regarding WEX, however, if you have a specific question relating to work experience, please do get in touch.
We are always looking for interesting and varied experience of work opportunities for our students. If you are a business owner/decision maker and are able to offer a Work Experience placement please contact us.
All contact regarding WEX should be directed to:
Mrs A Duncan email@example.com